Two Part-time Staff Needed for WHAK-GH After School and Summer Camp
West Haven Academy of Karate of Greater Hays is searching for two enthusiastic and dedicated staff to assist with supervising school age children in the after school and summer camp components of our program. These are permanent positions for individuals who want to grow with us as we continue to develop and expand. We are licensed by the Department of Family and Protective Services and conveniently located at 163 Trademark Drive in Buda, Texas.
Each staff member will work closely with supervisors to provide safe, educational, and uplifting experiences for every child each program day. Examples of duties include performing classroom work such as recording attendance, preparing and organizing materials used by children for their projects, coordinating with the karate component of the program, and monitoring and participating in activities such as games, crafts, homework time, snacks, and lunches.
SALARY: $9.00 per hour to start
• Assist with preparation, presentation, and cleanup of projects and activities such as art projects, stories, songs, and outdoor activities.
• Ensure children are involved in activities suited to their immediate emotional, social, intellectual, and physical needs.
• Assist in ensuring policies and procedures are followed and DFPS standards are met.
• Assist in serving and cleaning up after snacks, lunches and other times throughout the shift as needed.
• Monitor all activities of an assigned group of children and assist with child guidance.
• Assist with the maintenance of a healthy and safe environment.
• Drive children to and from off-site activities as assigned.
• Perform related duties as required and/or assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read and write the English language
• Basic computer skills
• Driver's License in good standing and the ability to transport children in a motor vehicle
• Some experience in supervising school age children
• One year experience working with elementary school children in center-based care
• Martial Arts experience a plus, but not required
• Commercial Driver's License
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
• Work a minimum of 12-15 hours per week.
• Consistently arrive at work on-time as scheduled and stay until the work day is completed.
• Avoid distractions such as using personal cell phones or iPods during work time except with the explicit permission of a supervisor.
• Work productively throughout the shift even if a supervisor is out of the room.
• Create and maintain a learning environment that supports all children and families, be responsive to individual needs, and promote growth and development.
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
• Collaborate successfully with colleagues, staff, and students as part of a work team.
• Demonstrate success working with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with precise attention to detail.
• Respond to children with respect.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Pass a criminal background records check.
• Obtain CPR/First Aid certificate for infants and children, complete other required pre-service training, and obtain a TB test indicating they are clear of tuberculosis.
• Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the WHAK-GH mission and learning- centered climate.
Employees will be scheduled to work up to 20-25 hours per week during the school year, and up to 30-35 hours per week in the Summer. This position requires punctual and regular attendance. Work occurs both inside and outside. There is occasional exposure to blood and other bodily fluids. Occasional evening and weekend training may be required.
The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of this position. This includes, but is not limited to, lifting up to 40 pounds, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org